Friday, April 25, 2014

Making My Design

Okay guys. Well, I guess you are probably wondering how I am doing in building my designs. 
I have started in Design Tech by building a design out of manilla (hee hee rhymes with Vanilla) envelope paper stuff. Yah know the stuff that Manilla Envelopes are made out of? Well I am making a scale model of my design out of that. 
My shelves are kind of flimsy, so I need to support it some way. Mr. Connors (our Tech teacher) had two ideas

The first idea was to support them with these little triangle supports underneath the shelves. Here is an example of what I mean: The little triangles will be solid, so they won't have a gap in the middle. What I mean is, on the picture, there is technically only an outline of the triangle supports. Mine will be solid.















The second idea was to sandwich the shelves with two other pieces, then secure it at the back so the shelf is thicker. This is also a pretty good idea (thank you Mr. Connors!)

I honestly don't know which support I want to use, so GUESS WHAT?!
I am gonna try BOTH! On one of my shelves, I am going to try the bracket-triangle supports, and the sand which method. Each one on one of my shelves, since I have two shelves. But in the end, I am probably going to use both together. Here is a picture so far of my triangle support. It has tabs and is multiple layers of manilla envelope paper. 

Sorry, it's a bit blurry. 











WOOHOO! It works pretty well. I glued it and it holds good. The back part is very strong, but the front needs work. I guess this is just a test... YEAH! It's so FUN! 

YEAH! I finished! Okay, here are the two shelves: 





















Which one is... STRONGER? 

Well, they BOTH are, in different ways. The bracket-triangle supports make the back part of the shelf very strong, and the sand which helps the shelf just, be stronger, but the triangle things help connect the shelf to the back better, which is good!

I AM going to use both! YEAH! So I am gonna use the sand which thing and then the triangle-supports too! 

Now... how long will it take? 

Hee hee... see you NEXT .

-Clara

Pictures from:

  • Moi (thanks Photo-booth) 
  • "Heavy Duty Shelf Brackets." Instructables.com. Web. 25 Apr. 2014.



Thank you for allowing me to cite correctly Easybib!
"EasyBib: The Free Automatic Bibliography Composer." EasyBib. , Web. 23 Apr. 2014.


No comments:

Post a Comment