Thursday, March 20, 2014

The Final Design

Okay guys, we have a winner!! *****
Observe the magnificent lights blazing down the field and the cheering from the crowd, as the judge calls from a little slip of paper, the winner of the contest.

"Design Number Two, the Shoe Rack!" she announces with a flourish.

Cries of anguish are heard along with the clapping and the squealing. Design Number Two descends the steps of the bleachers, down to the podium, where the judge stands with a large smile on his face.

"Congratulations!" she says, patting Design Number Two's back. Suddenly, a wave of grinning people, flow towards them, showering Design Number Two with confetti and flowers. When the crowd recedes, Design Number Two has leis slung around his neck, and confetti tossed wildly in his hair.

"I thank you all!" He announces into the microphone, his voice seeming to have an underlined quality. No one could quite place it.

Claps erupted from the audience, but some boos could be heard within the sea of happy, screaming faces. A small cluster of designs slunk, downcast, towards the exit. One had tears streaming down their cheeks. For a second, Design Number Two felt sorry for the designs that had not been chosen. He knew that Design Number Three had been very close, the Piano Stool, because the judge had been in favor of it since she had wanted a piano stool, with a perfect height, to play the best. Design Number Two felt like rushing down there to apologize, and welcome them to come back and watch, but he knew that he should enjoy his own victory with as much happiness and content as he could. Design Number Two also knew that if he hurried down to comfort the loosing designs, it would cause an uproar. He had no choice really.

~~~

Okay! Sorry guys! Just had to do that! Anyway, if you want more of that story, click here. Right now, I am @ an inconvenience because I don't know how to share this Google Drive document with anyone how has the link, so just request access. 

So, design number two, the shoe rack, won for a certain reason! 
First of all, it would be easy to build and would be fun to build as well. I wouldn't need as much cardboard as some of the designs. However, as you read in the story, I did really like the Piano Stool, because I, #1. Wanted to make a design that would come in handy, and that I would actually use, and #2. I really liked the design and I am in great need of a piano stool like that. Anyway, the only problem was that it would take too long to build, and would be too hard. The compartment would be challenging and I would need quite a bit of cardboard. I kinda wish I chose that design, because I liked it, but I am also glad that I didn't because I knew something like that would be a bit too ambitious, though, once I have a little experience with this cardboard thing, I could build the Piano Stool! Actually, I really want to! In fact, I will, later… 


Okay… Over and Out… and, I will be working on that story of mine if any of you want to read more of it, those of you who find it interesting! 


-Clara
Who ever got this message is extremely smart! Be on the lookout for more of these in future blog posts!


No comments:

Post a Comment